What is the purpose of this site? My objective is to provide information about the technical challenges
related to the power system transformation to a not strictly technical audience.
Whether you are dealing with the integration of renewables in your professional life or
you are a student in environmental management preparing for your bachelor theses -
this site is to help you understanding the essentials of our common challenge.
I did my best to avoid engineering jargon. Did I manage?
From my insider's perspective this is even difficult to judge.
Please, let me know, where I got lost in tech-talk or where you need more or better explanation.
Any other comment? I will be happy to include your suggestions in the updates to come!
(See impress for contact data).
First of all, thanks to the fantastic and highly driven NewClimate Team. Without them I never would have made this.
Our ideas evolved being challenged by and in the discussions with colleagues and project partners.
Special thanks to:
- Keno Riechers, who was part of the New Climate team and substantially contributed to the methodology
- Dimitri Pescia (Agora Energiewende, Germany)
- Jorge Siriy and his colleagues (Cammesa, Argentina)
- Michael Doering (now Stromnetz Berlin, Germany)
- RENAC and GIZ and in particular the international experts I met when supporting their activities.
Workshops and trainings with professionals from India, Iran, Morocco, Algeria
formed an ideal framework to elaborate on the approach in a collaborative setting ('learning while teaching').
- to be extended...
Look at RE-xpertise
(Be warned, though: I spent much more time and care on this project here than on my own site.)